View Single Post
We're very pleased to officially announce our partnership with the David Allen Company, and the first fruits of that partnership, a white paper to help people get started with GTD in OmniFocus. Quoting from Linda's blog post

Quote:
While OmniFocus definitely does not require you to be a Getting Things Done® devotee in order to make good use of the software, it's true that Omni developed OmniFocus with the GTD system in mind. If you're new to the work-life management system of GTD and wondering just exactly how you can implement the methodology in OmniFocus, we now have an awesome new resource for you: the OmniFocus, GTD, and You white paper.

But Omni, you're saying. White papers are so boooooring. They use words like "extensible" and "data-driven" and most of them are just cheesy marketing materials in disguise. WAHHH.

Listen, I can't hear you when you use that tone of voice. And stop worrying, because this is a totally useful document written by our stellar documentation folks, and the marketing weasels didn't even touch it. (I wanted more cowbell, but would they listen? NO.)

The white paper gives a thorough explanation of how the GTD concepts of Capture, Process, Organize, Do, and Review are handled by OmniFocus, and you don't need to have any previous understanding of the Getting Things Done system to read it. As a sometimes-committed, sometimes-not OmniFocus user myself, I found this white paper really helpful and inspiring.

The good folks at DavidCo not only helped us make sure the white paper was accurate, but are also promoting OmniFocus as the recommended Mac GTD solution from their online store. We want to thank them for working with us and making OmniFocus available to a wider GTD audience.

So what are you waiting for? Go forth and download, and get some best-practice ideas for making the most of your OmniFocus document.

Last edited by Ken Case; 2009-10-12 at 11:34 AM..