View Single Post
According to the release notes, PDF handling in the sneakypeeks keeps getting tweaked. For example, the Adobe Acrobat browser plug-in works with Safari but not OmniWeb, so in recent sneakypeeks the Adobe plug-in is supposedly disabled on startup. There is also something in the release notes about WebKitOmitPDFSupport (whatever that is) being disabled by default in SP10.

Unfortunately, none of these tweaks has changed anything for me. I'm still unable to download PDFs correctly in SP10. When I click on a PDF link, it downloads, but instead of opening Preview, I get a dialog box asking me for the location of Adobe Acrobat. (Adobe Acrobat Pro 7.0 is installed on my system.) If I choose the Acrobat app, nothing happens, and if I click cancel nothing happens. I just get a blank OmniWeb page.

Are there any other Adobe Acrobat users out there who are having this problem? Is there any way to fix it? I can work around the problem by right-clicking a PDF and downloading it, then double-clicking the file to view it, but that's rather inconvenient. I should be able to just click the link and have the PDF open in Preview like I could in OW5.1.