View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Have you tried using one of the brainstorming templates in OmniGraffle to build mind maps? [...]
I meant to do that (he says in Pee Wee Herman style ;). I really meant OmniGraffle, not OmniOutliner (sorry), but I could only change the body of my original post -- the title indicated it would be changed in the forum edit window, but no luck.

So, yes, I would like to use OmniGraffle, and my new product idea is to somehow link my projects and singletons in OF to OG mind maps. It would be great if OG could nest layers, like the Windows version of MindManager does (for the GTD 50k, 40k, etc., levels of horizon).

That said, I must confess that the mind map of my life does not match 1:1 with projects. I.e., my projects probably can be considered as supporting my mind map stuff, but my projects in some cases support multiple things in my mind map.

This calls for a more serious review (for at least me to do) of the relationship of Projects and Actions to levels of horizon above the GTD runway. Perhaps Projects and Singleton Actions do directly support 10k feet horizons, and then the relationship between 10k up to 50k could be handled in the mind map segment. And here, I'm speaking of both the GTD theory, as well as possible Omni integration.

GTD, and using OF to support it, has been the most productive and engaging thing I've use in many years, in terms of productivity stuff, and I'm pretty excited about the integration of mind maps with my projects/actions.

Bob

Last edited by omnibob; 2008-06-04 at 08:22 PM..