View Single Post
I must be missing something...so would some of you much more knowledgeable users please explain it to me...

I develop a new sequential project in planning mode. I then add tasks. All the tasks are visible (action filter set to "remaining"). Let's say I place due dates of today on all the tasks I enter. All the tasks turn orange as their due dates are today. This is as expected. In context mode w/ action filter set to "next" I only see the topmost task from the planning mode until I complete this task and the next task in the project list appears. This is all as I understand it should be...maybe I don't understand though.

Now let's say I develop the same project...but now set to parallel. I then add tasks. All the tasks are visible (action filter set to "remaining") in planning mode. I place the same due dates of today on all my tasks. All the tasks are still visible. I would expect all the tasks to be available. I would expect all of these tasks to be available as this is a parallel project. In context view with action filter set to "next" I would expect to see all of these tasks from my parallel project with todays due date of today visible, but once again only the topmost action from the project list is visible and it seems to behave like a sequential project. What's up with this?

And a separate question...but related. I have a parallel project with 3 tasks and an action groups with 4 tasks. The action group is sequential. For the sake of this example, let's say I set the due date of the 3 individual tasks and the 4 tasks from the sequential action group all at today. In context view w/ the action filter set to "next" I would expect to see 4 tasks visible. The 3 indivdual tasks and the topmost task in the action group. Once again, the whole project is behaving as I would expect only a a sequential project would behave. With the action filter in context view set to "next," only the topmost task is viewable.

If I haven't been clear...or have been too verbose...I apologize.

Any help would be appreciated.