View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Yes. As I posted previously, change this line:

Code:
set projectsDir to (path to documents folder as text) & "Reference" & ":" -- Path to projects folder (change this as you like)
to

Code:
set projectsDir to (path to home folder as text) & "Dropbox" & ":" -- Path to projects folder (change this as you like)
and you should be set. You need to create the Projects folder in your Dropbox folder before running the script, and you'll need to create a folder for each project by running the Project Folder script on each one.
You guys ready for a really dumb question. I mean, this is one of those questions where once I know the answer, I'll have to kick myself for not knowing.

So I've read this thread, tried things on my own but I'm still stuck. I cannot get the two scripts (Folder and Notes) to point to a Dropbox folder. I can only successfully point it to my Documents folder and that's because I do nothing to alter the original script. I suspect it's the syntax I'm using when trying to add in my new file path.

So I'll show you what I'm doing.

Original:
set projectsFolderName to "Projects" -- name for main projects folder
set projectsPath to (path to documents folder as text) -- path to main projects folder
I tried this:
set projectsFolderName to "OmniFocus Projects" -- name for main projects folder
set projectsPath to ~/Users/*myname*/Dropbox/Documents -- path to main projects folder
... but this does not work. Nothing happens. So again, I think it's because it's the syntax I'm using to put the file path name in is not correct. I know nothing about Applescript so forgive me for being a dummy. So in it's simplest form: what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your time.