View Single Post
I don't understand is what causes the OF database to grow so large. If I am in the context view and show everything, I have around 10 screens of items. Since my first posts I have learned that I need to periodically filter OF to show just my completed items, select all of them, and then delete them. If I just do this my database still keeps growing. In my case it went from 16 KB to 980 KB in just 5 days, even though I was deleting completed tasks and really was not adding any additional tasks. By this I mean that over this time, if I added 15 new non-recurring tasks I would have deleted 15 old non-recurring tasks.

After reading the above posts and doing a rebuild I am now back to 16 KB. I don't believe that the coders at OmniGroup would intentionally write bloat code, and am hoping that they will continue to update this release of OF and address this issue. I believe that a great course of action would be to give us the option to purge and delete completed tasks and rebuilt the database automatically. I would make these separate functions for those individuals who do not want to purge completed tasks. Until that happens I will schedule a recurring ToDo to do these tasks.