View Single Post
Hello - I'm a noob when it comes to OmniGraffle and have just started using OmniGraffle 5 for some diagramming projects. I ran into a problem this evening that I'm having some trouble understanding.

What I want to do is to create a simple blank portrait-sized US Letter-sized page at 8-1/2" by 11".

I went to File - New, clicked the New Diagram button, and then went to File - Page Setup to change the paper size to US Letter. The paper size in that dialog reads in centimeters (21.59 cm x 27.94 cm), probably because of my OS X International preference settings, but that equals 8.5" by 11". Clicked OK.

However, when I look at the ruler and compare it to the size of the new diagram, the diagram page size (white part) looks considerably smaller than it should. It looks 8" by just over 10" in size. When I try and draw a new shape and set that shape at 8.5" by 11", overlaying it over the white canvas, I can visibly see the difference.

I noticed in the Canvas: Size panel (floating menu?) that the canvas size is indeed at 8 inches by 10-13/72 inches. I also see that the "Auto-adjust the canvas size" box is checked.

I'm a little confused at what's really going on here. Is my canvas going to print at 8 inches by 10-13/72 inches, or what?

Would appreciate any advice or assistance!

Jeff Chapman