View Single Post
I think there is a strong germ of an issue here. Which I hope the developers listen to. Whether you have 25 or 300 you should be able to process them on the iPhone. The workflow on the iPhone is an area these guys have to work on but I think it is an evolutionary issue rather than a flaw. I think the desktop app is just starting to work on all cylinders. I think there are a few more issues to resolve there (for me it is "consistency" of terms/functions throughout the program and some sort of prioritization either by "custom column" or some other solution.
I would imagine after they get desktop feature set really working they can move to a more complete iphone product.
These guys have been great in making a very solid program in which each upgrade, for me at least, has had no data loss or corruption - to meet the very first need of "the collection process" - a trusted system.
Also there are issues with the iPhone itself that have not but will evolve- namely the push notification discussed way back when. With the announcement of iPhone 3.0 one can only image the energy need to mesh the new software with all the aspects of both products.
The very fact that these guys have maintained a very active communication with there user base is impressive - I have dropped using competitive products simply because there have been a loss of communication with developer.
And lastly is the community of those that depend on this software - I have learned so much by reading how others approach the issue of collection, focus, context, and processing.
All in all between the product, Omni developers and community I have become enriched and somewhat more efficient ( I am a serial procrastinator it was my major in college!)