View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Okay, just wanted to make sure that the problems weren't the result of iDisk attempting to sync OmniFocus databases and making a mess of it (OmniFocus writes directly to the WebDAV server, so there's a race condition if you also have your Mac attempting to sync some potentially stale data).
Yep. Very familiar with these issues from other software.

Quote:
And indeed, this sounds like a hiccup on the MobileMe server of some sort.
Yeah, I figured it was. The cloud sync of Calendar, Address Book, etc. has always worked really well for me, but anything related to iDisk seems to struggle at times. Not sure why, and definitely not limited to OmniFocus.

Quote:
It is possible to remove the old sync data. In the Finder, use Go->Connect to Server... to connect to https://sync.omnigroup.com/<username>/ which will mount the directory, allowing you to go remove the OmniFocus.ofocus file. I've noticed that after a few hours, the Finder seems to get confused and thinks the file is an alias, and I need to eject the volume and mount it again if I want to do something like Show Package Contents on the OmniFocus database.
Interesting. I tried this before, but was never able to connect. I just tried again, and discovered that I wasn't using the trailing "/" in the past, and that alone kept me from mounting OSS to my desktop. Thanks for the tip.