View Single Post
The @waiting concept in GTD-speak is very handy. And I'm pretty sure that I'm good with just one context per project in OmniFocus, but here's my dilemma.

Let's say I make a request to someone to do something. The task might say: "ask accountant to prepare tax estimates for 2007." The context here might be "@accountant."

After I have made the request I'm in waiting mode. So I need a new context. It can either be a generic "@waiting." Or I make an "@waiting/accountant" context.

There will be some people where I have many open projects and pending requests (I could see this happening at work with people who I delegate projects to or at home with my spouse).

I'm faced with either wading through a number of "@waiting" contexts OR looking at the @spouse context and trying to figure out which task is pending and which needs to be discussed OR growing a lot of contexts in my OF.

Has anyone thought about this? Any suggestions?

Love this software. The last time I was this excited about what software could do was the first time I created a MORE outline on my Mac SE. (I wish omnioutliner came in a MORE edition." I'd pay twice for it happily.)