View Single Post
I know that cloning and aliasing and tabs and tags all seem like neat features for 4.0, but I'd like to make sure that the next major OO release has some basic filtering capabilities, as promised over three years ago:

Can I filter my outline to only show checked or unchecked items?

Unfortunately this kind of filtering isn't possible in OmniOutliner right now. We plan to add robust filtering in a future release.

Last Updated on March 28, 2006

Years ago, I used OO for my to-do lists. I've tried a few other applications, including OmniFocus (which I find presents too many layers of abstractions between me and my list). I now use TaskPaper, from Hog Bay Software; it's essentially a text editor with a solid search-and-filter function.

Of course, I'd rather use OO; I prefer how it handles outline format, styles, attachments, and the like. Its lack of a filter is the ONLY reason I don't. Add this feature and you may capture many users looking for a simple, get-out-of-the-way approach to GTD-style task management.

Then again, I may have missed the announcement that heralds this feature; if so, please let me know. Thanks!