Thread: Contexts?
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJJWMac View Post
Rather, it would be the notice that, when I am otherwise and/or required to be specifically active in that context (doing my screening), there is a list of other such tasks that might be done at the same time. I think of the context as a frame of mind or state of current action rather than a call to required actions.
Yep. Related examples: I've got a Scanner context. I pretty much only look at it when I need to do some scanning, to see what else I could do now that I've got the scanner set up. The other actions in the Scanner context might be at a lower priority level or have less urgency associated, but if the marginal time to scan them once I'm scanning something else is small, it's probably more efficient to do them now rather than later. Similarly, if I'm going to drive 10 minutes to the grocery store to pick up the carton of eggs needed to make dinner tonight, I might as well check to see if there's anything we don't need tonight but will in the next few days so I can use the time I would otherwise waste on multiple trips to the store on one trip plus getting something else done.