Thread: Contexts?
View Single Post
JJW, That's sort of what I have to do now. It kind of raises another issue. I had a short shot using a borrowed Mac and a trial version of OF for Mac and set up several Perspectives. And what you've suggested would indicate that I would like/need to have the @screen context in a perspective so that I can consolidate it into a things to do at work perspective. So the issue is for Omnigroup to hurry up and get the ability to create perspectives on the ipad.

I really see tags as kind of a short cut for typing a keyword into a N/A and then searching for that keyword. Or perhaps a short term identify a project or N/A that might need a particular action.

For example, I could search for "sanction screen" and I'll pull up the screening I need, but, at least on the iPad, it also pulls up all of the completed "sanction screens". So a tag, in the absence of a context would be quicker.

Another place I can see a tag being useful is in preparation for my bi-weekly meetings with my boss to tag a particular project (or the next action in a project) so that I'll be able to pull it up and give her a status on it. There are 3 sort of levels of reporting. There are the high profile projects that require periodic and repeating status reports. That calls for a repeating N/A in a maintenance folder so that it shows up when it's needed. Then there are the projects that get assigned and she will hear about it when I finish and need her sign off. Those have a N/A in the project list itself to appear at the correct time. Finally there are the ones that when I am preparing for the meeting with her or perhaps during a weekly review I decide that I ought to touch on this at the next meeting. Usually it's something that I only need a trigger to the project and I would then look at the status of the tasks in that project and verbally report. Since these are ad hoc and the actual N/A could be changing between the time I identify it for reporting and the meeting, a tag would be the most efficient way to do it. Click the tag button, click my boss' name and then call up the items tagged during the meeting.