Thread: Contexts?
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedallen View Post
... what you've suggested would indicate that I would like/need to have the @screen context in a perspective so that I can consolidate it into a things to do at work perspective.
Sounds about right. For example, I have a "Noise" perspective that collects in Context view the "@Errands" and "➤ ..." (personnel effective) actions. That shows me the background stuff that hovers around me daily. Be careful to realize ... Perspectives only translate to the iX platforms when they are CONTEXT driven, not PROJECT driven. So, my Noise perspective translates to my iPod, but my "Visions" perspective does not (because it is Project-centric).

Quote:
I really see tags as kind of a short cut for typing a keyword ... or perhaps a short term identify a project or N/A that might need a particular action.
Again, I use contexts for this kind of thing.

Quote:
Another place I can see a tag being useful is ... to tag a particular project (or the next action in a project) so that I'll be able to pull it up and give her a status on it. ...
BINGO! This is EXACTLY what I mean too. I really want to be able to use tags (via OpenMeta!) to consolidate information about projects as part of summary reports.

--
JJW