View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickFallon View Post
Hi Brian, cheers for that. But as OF on the iPhone seems to switch itself off (ie the iPhone returns to the main menu screen) if it's not used for more than a couple of minutes effectively OF on the iPhone is almost always "switched off/restarted".
Say what? It shouldn't be doing that! OF should still be running unless you command the phone back to the home screen. That makes me suspicious that you've got something else going on here. If you look in the Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice directory in your home directory, there should be a folder named after your iPhone with some files in there. Do any of them start with OmniFocus or LowMemory?
Quote:
No doubt I am not the first to suggest this, but with the sync issues I am experiencing I would honestly prefer to have to do a cable sync or even bluetooth.
Apple doesn't give developers access to use the cable sync facility. I'm not sure why you think a Bluetooth scenario wouldn't have the same sorts of issues as the WiFi scenario, either.
Quote:
The whole point of wireless syncing is convenience and although I love OF up to now "convenient" is not the word I would use to describe syncing performance. I do appreciate all your help though and I'm sure the app will continue to improve with time.
I'm thinking that the reason you get the sync failures is that your iPhone and Mac aren't on the same network, and thus can't find each other. If the Mac's network gets changed, you have to change the settings on the iPhone to join that network or it won't be able to sync, unless you have a device forwarding traffic between those two networks. I'd try going to the sync setup portion of the settings page and tapping the Get Settings from Mac button (and clicking the Share Settings button on the Mac) after switching the Mac to the other network. If you get the "Searching ..." instead of your username@yourmacname that means the problem is they can't communicate and there's no way a sync will work.