View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickFallon View Post
Hi whpalmer4, thanks for all the info.
Yep there are a tonne of crash reports in there (about 20 each of "OmniFocus-r114082_2009-07-28-092509_Patrick-Fallons-iPhone" and "OmniFocus-r114082_2009-07-28-092509_Patrick-Fallons-iPhone"). None of them start with "low memory".
You should probably bundle those up and email them to omnifocus-iphone@omnigroup.com for their perusal, toss in a mention of this thread, too. The app should continue running until you run something else or the battery goes, in my experience.
Quote:
Re Bluetooth, I am not an IT expert, although I am reasonably proficient with Macs. However it does seem to me from my experiences (and the experiences of others online) the problem is caused whenever the iPhone/Mac wireless network changes. If I was able to use Bluetooth I would always be syncing between my Mac and my iPhone via the same Bluetooth connection so a change in wireless networks should have no effect.
It's not really the same connection; it has to get set up each time though you may not be aware of it happening. My Bluetooth experiences with other devices have not been as error-free. The sync via WiFi w/Bonjour has been 100% reliable for me, including when I've moved the computer to another completely different network (like going to the coffee shop), but most of the time I use MobileMe for reasons not related to having trouble syncing via Bonjour. One difference is that I'm not using a computer-computer network.
What are you using to provision your networks?
Quote:
This is stating the obvious, the Mac and the iPhone are always on the same network.
It may be obvious to you, but it wasn't obvious to me from your report that it was the case. I like to eliminate the easy fixes like "are the cables plugged in" before moving in on subtler possibilities where something may only fail sporadically. It sounds like your problem is that the two aren't able to find each other, not that something goes wrong after they do. That's a bit odd, because the code that handles all of that is Apple's code, not Omni's, and gets used millions of times a day. So what is special about your situation that makes what is normally reliable code fail? That's the puzzle here...