View Single Post
Hi Brian!

Sorry, but I can not reproduce your findings. For me it seems that the error message is not connected to the dimming of the screen. The error occurs with full lighted screen when I manually sync the database... No background syncing, no screen dimming.

And as I wrote,closing the app out of multitasking and restarting it, fixes the problem for a short while. No need to shut down the whole Phone. I did this too, and the error is gone for a certain time, but it comes back. But I would not say, that this cures the error for a longer time. So in theory the error message should be limited to the iPhone4 and 3Gs, because with the 3G you restart the app every time.

Generally for me it seems, that syncing in 1.8 is a mess. Because in addition to the time out message sometimes I get an error where I am told: Unable to sync, bad file descriptor. But here too,despite the error message, the syncing process in reality is completed. I double checked with my desktop versions. This error seems to occur when the status of an item is not updated as it should: e.g. if an item is not activated and transfered to due soon or overdue, even as the respective times had passed.....

Greetings