View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpathomas View Post
Question #2 Delegation. I have things on my task list that need to get done, but not by me. I need to track it, it's a step that needs to be completed, but not one that I can complete myself. In F/C I'd mark that as delegated. How can I indicate that I've delegated an action Item in OF? Yes, I could flag it, but I don't want to unflag it later, I want it marked, for all time, as delegated.
When I delegate a project to someone, I move it into a folder called "Delegate." Inside this folder I have sub-folders for various people that have delegated projects. If I click on "delegate" I can see all of the delegated projects. Or, I can click on a person and see their delegated projects.

If I delegate a task within one of my projects, I assign the project a context with a person's name. I'll write something like "Waiting For email re: summer calendar" in a people context.

BTW, all of my projects are nested in folders inspired by Franklin Covey. I.E. father/husband, home owner, sharpen the saw.

For the record, I used to do the franklin covey priority method. I am much more productive and relaxed without them.

Good luck.

Last edited by steve; 2008-06-06 at 12:17 PM.. Reason: fixed formatting