View Single Post
OmniFocus is my repository for all the calls made, emails replied to and web pages visited when doing a job. Because it serves such an important role as a log of my worklife, it vexes me that it is much harder to quickly get info out of OF than it is to get it in.

- If I want to do a full search of my current OF file, I have to first choose the "All" perspective, otherwise OF only searches the current view. It would be easier to have a "Search All" option in the Find window.

- I like a minimal interface, so my toolbar is "text only". Every search reintroduces the toolbar icons because the Find window is one of them. A separate window would be more democratic.

- OF doesn't handle data mass very well: it bogs down when there's a lot of material in it. I can archive old projects using the "Move Old Data to Archive ..." command - but that adds another layer of complexity when I'm trying to find that call I made to someone, someday.

- For preference, I'd archive single completed projects to Devonthink, in a folder along with all the reference material I used for a job. But there seems to be no way of easily getting single projects out of OF in a readable format. The only option I can find is to print a PDF to Devonthink - but then all completed items show up with strike-outs through them, unless I manually mark them uncompleted again.

In short, if OF is going to command central importance to my workflow, I'd like to be able to instantly search everything I ever entered into it, and quickly archive projects into the file system (or Devonthink's) as they are completed in order to keep the program humming along.

Suggestions on workarounds appreciated.