View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
You say that like it is a bad thing, when in fact it is precisely why so many of us use Omni products!
No I state that, because products reflect their developers. I used to do R&D, and task lists were sufficient. Now I do consulting. Task lists that can't integrate with time scheduling aren't very useful. I hate it when people who peg everybody into their circumstance, rather than seeing the broader need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Greg has asked the question, Ken (Omni CEO) has asked the question, I've asked the question, others have asked the question, but no one seems to have a useful answer to describe how OmniFocus actions should be mapped into calendar events, in general.
I think I gave a pretty clear explanation for mapping to a gantt chart. Calender events are simpler. This isn't that difficult. If its due on a date, put an event on the calender on that day. If it has a duration put it on the calender for that duration, if it doesn't use a default duration (15 min).

The important thing is that you can bring up a calender, and see what MUST be done today, this week, etc.