View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
But if you're going to paraphrase DA at me on this matter, turn to page 40 of the book and read the section about 'No More "Daily To-Do" Lists' where he says:
:))
But that (daily to do lists) is exaclty what I try to avoid. In "Making it all Work" the role of calendar is pretty clearly stated:

"The calendar is the most basic focusing tool on the runway. It charts your next actions specific to particular days and times, and therefore provides critical pinpoints around which you’ll manage most of the rest of your work. While you’re probably already using your calendar for appointments, we have discovered that it holds a lot more power than most people realize.", [DAVID ALLEN, Making It All Work]

"The calendar should represent what I refer to as the “hard landscape” for your day— the mostly stationary events and information around which you must negotiate everything else. It’s what I pay attention to first, as I start and then proceed through the day; and it is usually open and available to me for most of that time.", [DAVID ALLEN, Making It All Work]

"The calendar is the best place for three things— appointments, day-specific things to do, and information I need or want to be aware of on that day. The contents of my calendar mean, specifically, “everything I definitely need to know and do today.”", [DAVID ALLEN, Making It All Work]

And indeed, putting those things in Calendar instead of working them from the lists greatly improve my use of GTD and OmniFocus. I just whish I don't have to do that manually, or by changing the context of those items to "today".