View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by endoftheQ View Post
If Document Interchange was implemented in OmniFocus, you'd click on an embedded attachment and it would offer up 'Open in GoodReader' as an option. After opening in GoodReader, you can then save locally, to MobileMe, WebDAV, DropBox, GoogleDocs, send as an email, etc. etc.
Right, but I'm just not totally convinced it would be any easier to tell it to open an attachment in GoodReader, then tell GoodReader that I want to mail it, compared to simply copy and paste directly into Mail. I understand that you can't do that right now, but I don't expect that to always be the case, and I would be a bit surprised if they only did the DI feature and didn't get copy/paste working in places where it does not now but should work, like extracting attachments.

I think it would be a useful change even if it only gave us the ability to read some additional document types, but if GoodReader can do more than that, great.

What about using DI to get files into OmniFocus? Do you see that as useful? Just like dragging a file onto Mail's dock icon creates a new email with file attached, maybe the "Open in OmniFocus" option would put you in quick entry with the file attached?