View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJJWMac View Post
Interesting to invert this discussion and get in a time machine going back say 15-20 years when the shoe was on the other foot so to speak. The Mac community took its own full share of snubbings from software developers who sometimes rather blatantly refused to develop Macintosh versions of their DOS/Windows-only apps. That did not prevent Mac users from using their Macs and using every piece of (usually better) software they could find on it, even though they _had_ to use DOS/Windows elsewhere.

--
JJW
Interesting thought. I'm not sure it's an exact inverse comparison. I don't HAVE to use my Macs like those Windows users of old had to use Windows. I bought my Macs because I like them, and I'm just trying to fit my Mac world into a world that was then and is now largely Windows-based. This particular hurdle is just eliminating one Mac app from my potential arsenal. I'm pretty happy with Toodledo, but have just heard great things about Omnifocus. Since 75% of my use for such an app is for my job (which uses Windows), it doesn't make sense for me to get an app that I can't easily access on that job, be it through the web or a native Windows app.

Again, I completely understand where the Omnifocus folks are coming from, and that is their right (obviously) to make that decision, but it still is a shame that many Mac users are shut out.