View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveWB View Post
The issue is not about how much money you can or cannot make. It is about supporting people who would like to use your application, but also use Windows because they have to at their jobs or at home. Entering data on a virtual keyboard is not efficient. There are millions of people who could be better organized if they could use OmniFocus on their desktops.
+1.....

For better or worse, I have to use a Windows laptop at work, no option to use Macs...

The 'good news' is that company recently allowed me to get an iPad and iPhone....

So, now I wish I could use a Windows version of OF.....and then on iPad and iPhone....

Have read all the various threads and posts on this subject here on the forums from the past year or so....but just want to reinforce the idea that for those of us that don't have the Mac option at work, a Windows version would be great and I don't mind if it doesn't look exactly like the Mac version, I'm not a purist and got over long time ago all the 'philosophical BS' about only using Macs. The main point is to have my 3 devices all run OF....

To be clear, I do love the Mac platform and when possible I prefer to use it and have done so at home since '86 and when I had my own business (closed 9 yrs ago...).

If my company gave me option to use a Mac, I would do so and then would not have this issue. Unfortunately, this will not happen and don't want to change jobs for at least a few more years....

While a web based solution is better than nothing, for various reasons, don't like depending upon the web and access to it to run a program....

It seems clear that for Omni Group's own reasons, they probably won't ever develop a Windows version, think it's a short-sighted decision when it comes to a program that is appropriate for use in the workplace where a lot of PC's are in use...

Just my 2¢.....of course, YMMV.....

;)