View Single Post
Journey,

I totally agree with you about multiple contexts. The way I work they are essential! I emailed support back in August requesting this feature.

For example I would naturally add the activity "Ask my friend Mario to recommend a good accountant" under the contexts "Phone" and "Mario". If I'm waiting for the bus and I have a few minutes to make phone calls I'll switch to the "Phone" context and see the activity or if Mario calls me I can switch to the "Mario" context and see the activity. Contexts are about opportunity and if I didn't have it in both contexts I would have missed the opportunity in one of the scenarios.

An important concept in GTD (I'm not stuck on GTD btw) is that you have to trust your system so nothing will slip through the cracks otherwise your mind cannot completely let go of the task and it stays in your brain's RAM. If I bump into Mario (I'm hoping OF will run on the iPhone at some point) and I think there's something I need to ask him that might be buried with my many other tasks in some unknown context I'll lose trust in the system.

I'm a long time user of ECCO Pro and I've been assigning multiple contexts to my tasks for years. Even though support for the product was discontinued in 1997 it's still very relevant today and was well ahead of it's time. OmniFocus is also an amazing product and will be even better in my opinion if they support multiple contexts.