View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
That's a good point, but can't you address it by careful selection of your sort option when doing the grouping? Group by changed date to get the projects changed today, and sort by changed date to pull the ones that you've touched most recently (by processing your Inbox) to the top.
Hmm, yeah sorting in addition to using the Changed grouping would help a little. I just think OmniFocus can and do better than that. :)

Quote:
Also, isn't step 2 of the weekly review "get Inbox to zero"? :)
Yes. Um, but I can't see how that helps here.

I try to get inbox to zero every day if I can. And it's not uncommon that an Action that I captured into the inbox, which, during my daily review, I corralled into its rightful project (assuming it exists already), needs to be the Next Action (perhaps after some clarifying). Until I review that project, and shuffle things around, that new action is going to live at the bottom of the action list in the project.

So - the reality has changed, the project is "dirty", and I need a clear way to see that it needs to be reviewed and brought up to date again. I think I need to be able to do this in order to trust the system.

Quote:
That looks like a useful script, thanks for sharing it!
Cool, yeah I hope it helps. I really do think that OF should advance the next review date, or give some other indication that a project needs review, if it's changed. Till then, this script should work, it's an extra step before the review but it takes only seconds. I've been using the script for a couple days now and it seems to work pretty well.