Thread: Why Vote?
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by endoftheQ View Post
Umm... maybe because someone else voiced their logical 'contact' request FIVE years earlier and during July of this year it was the #1 feature request?
Really? Five years earlier? I've got an email in my inbox from June 2007 with the Apple Store San Francisco highlights, featuring "The Omni Group Presents OmniFocus", "don't miss this first look at OmniFocus, the newest product from The Omni Group"... Didn't realize it's already 2012!

Now, why would someone has used OmniFocus on the Mac for years be a Johnny-come-lately in asking for an iPad feature to be duplicated on the Mac?
Quote:
Oh... good to know that you doubted Ken when he said "iPad or Bust"!
Doubted him about what? The schedule? Of course! I'll take the other side of that bet just about any time :) I just stumbled across a post of mine in a thread that was active earlier today where I opined that I thought it unlikely we'd see OmniFocus 2.0 prior to March. It was March 2010 that I was referring to there, but I think I may be safe even if I'd said March 2011!
Quote:
Could 999 of those 1,000 possibly be... requests for bug fixes?
Dunno. I doubt it, unless everyone is reporting the same handful of bugs.
Quote:
I wouldn't worry Bill, nothing has convinced me so far that 'voting' counts!
So how is 'not voting' working out for you?

Do you vote in your elections? Do you have any evidence that it makes a difference? If you vote, but don't have any evidence of efficacy, why do you do it? Isn't that the same situation you claim here?