View Single Post
I created a perspective called "Hot List".

Context Filter: Remaining
Grouping: Due
Sorting: Due
Availability Filter: Available
Status Filter: Due or Flagged
Estimated Time Tiler: Any Duration

So this combines the built-in due perspective and the built-in flagged perspective.

It pays off to do your daily and weekly review.

In my weekly review, I unflag everything. Then I'll do a review of my projects and flag certain tasks/projects as my Big Rock(s) of the week to do.

Every day, I do my little daily review:

1. I look at my BusyCal/iCal calendar to see if there are any milestones that are approaching in the next couple of weeks. I know I have to start cranking out projects and tasks if there is something on the horizon.

2. I go to OmniFocus and look at my Hot List perspective. I can see any tasks that have a due date as well as any tasks that are flagged. I will try to work on these today.

Alternatively, I can always go to the built-in Due perspective. Due items are really items that you should focus on first. Then after I complete (or attempt to complete) anything on my due list, I look at my flagged perspective to look at my big Rocks that have gotten my interest/focus.

I just made this Hot List perspective to combine the due and flagged items together.

But the trick is to always do the weekly review so that your Hot List (due items and flagged items) are always relevant. Then you can trust that you'll be on top of things.