View Single Post
The document grid is yet another memory-hogging way to display files. What is the problem with simply showing a list?! You are not serving the iPad 1 user by providing yet another slow, clunky way to navigate files.

Anyone who has used Pages, Keynote and Numbers as extensively as I have knows how lame that grid view is. I've sat for minutes on an iPad 1 waiting for that grid to display. My iPad 2 can almost keep up with it but it has sat on that directory for over a minute on the 2 before.

I do want to thank Omni for the development efforts they are giving the apps but please stop making bad decisions. A lack of dropbox support and solid support for word processing (a simple text file without indents and hypens even!) would go a long way toward answering several of the needs I've seen requested up here.

Instead the number one feature of this new version is yet another slow, clunky, memory-intensive and UN-user friendly experience. Sigh.

Believe it or not I'm a huge cheerleader for Omni products. I love the Mac tools that Omni produces and I love OmniGraffle and Focus for iPad. I want to love OmniOutliner because I am always creating outlines for things (usually from mind maps) but its lack of transportability for its documents leaves me cold. It's the only page 1 app that sits mostly unused.

And no, I don't want to have to go home, turn my mac on, launch Omni Outliner or OmniGraffle just so I can convert an outline to Word or a graffle to Visio. I wouldn't think buying a Mac (for those that don't have) and Omni's Mac products should be a necessity for effective document transport.