View Single Post
> alternative, you could try Evernote. Evernote can store both traditional
> text-based notes as well as files embedded within the note. While in
> Evernote, you can copy a link to the note and then paste that link in to
> OF. I've never had an issue with Evernote links not working properly, so I
> suggest giving it a try.

this is interesting! I use Evernote. But I'm not sure I understand how to use it as you suggest. I can link to individual notes, but can I link to attachments inside of a note? If not, this means I have to have a separate Note for each attachment, yes?
Also, this doesn't seem to work on the iPad: I open OF, find the Action, and the link to the Evernote note is shown under it as a link (blue, underlined). But when I tap it, it brings up a keyboard and wants me to edit it, rather than follow the link. Is this supposed to work on iPad?

> I understand the wish to store all of your support materials within OF
> (essentially what David Allen describes as "Reference material and
> Support information for projects") but realize that OF is a task manager,
> and not a filing system, document management system or any other sort
> of long term file storage solution. There are MUCH better systems out
> there that focus exclusively on document management--you can look into
> solutions like Evernote (mentioned above), Zengobi's Curio, or
> DevonThink.

the thing is that I really like the nested task management aspect (although I don't use perspectives in the classical GTD sense). I need not only a document management system but the kind of interface OF gives to projects/actions/sub-actions etc. and the "due" (time/date) functions. Do these other systems have anything like that? And: if I do like one of them, is there any way to automatically convert/import my OF database into their format? Can an OF database be exported in any way that they can then import?

thanks!

Mike

Last edited by mlevin777; 2011-12-16 at 01:24 AM..