View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by semi
Let's open an alternative OO Pro 4 thread.
What feature of OO Pro 3 would you like to see removed in OO Pro 4. What don't you use in OO Pro 3? :eek: :eek: :eek:

My two favorite remove-candidates:
- Clipping Service
- Audio Recording

Other wishes for OO Pro 4:
- Make it faster
- Remove some dazzle from the inspectors! (take Mellel as an example...)

Praise OmniFocus!
- it's a very good idea not to stuff this GTD-thing into OmniOutliner.

By the way - thats not ironic or something - i like OmniOutliner very much, use it every day, and the above mentioned would be great improvements to me. :)
Why would that be an improvement? I make quite a bit of use of the clipping service, and even if I didn't it's non-existence wouldn't improve the app for me; same goes for audio recording ... I don't use it but there are those who do! And I really do not like the Mellel UI, but do like OmniGroup's Inspectors, in both OOP and OGP!
On the other hand, I too agree that OmniFocus is probably a good move ... I'm not a GTDer, so I don't use the Kinkless macro, but the fact that there are many who do is their concern not mine. On the other hand, developing a GTD app for those who want one, and a project management app (OmniPlan) for those involved in project management seems like a good idea, 'cos that means that OO(P) can develop more specifically in the direction of writing and information management, without having to satisfy the needs of those other two groups of users.
Mark