View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrods View Post
I just had to break down and buy Things, I couldn't go any longer without quasi-functional task management
I'm picking on you a bit, but it sounds like you moved from a fully functional OF "mobile" app to a Quasi-functional app when you bought things.

OF iPhone is perfectly functional, but unlike the desktop, it's primary function is for remote capture and execution - not planning and review. Of iPhone works exactly the same on the iPad, it justs looks [terrible] when enlarged and feels dumb when sized at 1x.

The iPad certainly blurs the expectations of where the line between the mobile and desktop versions. That is a problem I think because Omni must decide what to do. Do they simply convert OF iPhone to be universal and make it readable on the iPad, or do they wait and release a new OF Mobile version with significantly different functions on the iPad vs iPhone? Further along, OF desktop 2.0 has a real risk of being cannibalized by a fully functional iPad version unless it has some serious feature linkage with it her Omni apps such as Omniplan.

My preference is a useable universal port now and a much more functional OF iPad 2.0 later. 9 months of jaggy text on my iPad is going to wear me thin.

No iPad users that purchase OF are going to be impressed until the graphics are changed. But we forum posters have no idea how many copies of OF Iphone are being sold now so We don't know what kind of urgency they feel.

Someone mentioned "hit list". There's no way in he'll I'm transitioning to a GTD app that doesn't have a mobile syncing client.

Last edited by Brian; 2010-04-08 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: removed profanity