View Single Post
After reviewing this thread, as an owner of every Omni product but Omniplan, on every platform (note: my tone = frustrated/disappointed, not surly)

1. I understand, from my perspective of "User," that Omnigroup has to serve their own internal priorities.

2. When I see the "because you can draw with your finger" apps sitting reasonably complete on the iPad I bought to increase my productivity, I feel a little bitter. The benefit of Omnifocus on iPad would easily be 100 times that of Graffle and Graph Sketcher combined, at twice their combined $60 price.

3. I would guess that, for most users, by its nature, Omnifocus is far more essential than ANY other app. For me, it's a lot closer to my daily thoughts & effort than iCal, or Logic, or the filesystem.

This is the difference between being hooked on caffein and hooked on heroin.

4. The response of "you guys don't get it, you CAN use Omnifocus on iPad - pixel-double!" is pretty hollow. Yeah, I KNOW I can pixel-double, since I've been using Omnifocus on iPhone since release, and since I didn't just wake up from a coma with an iPad next to my bed.

Except for a slight speed increase over my 3GS, since both devices sync to my mac, there's no benefit of a pixel-doubled Omnifocus on iPad that I couldn't get from holding my iPhone closer to my face.

5. Does the Omnigroup "owe me" anything, like spending their singular programming resources on an app 100x more important to me than the company profile-raising eyecandy they put in the app store? No. Not morally, and certainly not legally. I consider us square. I paid them, and they gave me software that I use.

But man, when I think of how long the dev kit's been out for iPad, and hear that the most important app I've EVER OWNED will not be native on the most important device I've ever owned (going back to my Duo 280c, or Amiga, or CoCo even) until June-Dec this year, because of the decision to release Graffle first... seems like a [terrible] decision from my perspective.

Not threatening to abandon, as I'm too invested.

Last edited by Brian; 2010-04-12 at 03:37 PM.. Reason: remove profanity