View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by policarpo View Post
So let me ask you a few questions:

. What do you want to get out of the GTD system you decide to implement in your day to day?
. How important is net based access to your Tasks?
. How important is a thriving user base to you for feedback?
. How long have you been applying GTD by David Allen to get stuff done?
. If the perfect system was working for you right now, what would that look like and how would it make you feel?

I am just asking to help me understand what your overall needs are.

Thanks,
-policarpo | GTD2CYA
Those seem like great questions...
-I want to be able to use and understand my system. It needs to be very accessible. I want it to be one single system.
-Net based access when I think of it is more of a "want" than a "need" I mean I really will only be accessing it from my iPad, iPhone, and MacBook. But the idea of being able to access it anywhere is intriguing.
-I think a great user base is really important. Where else would I find the answers to these kinds of questions?
-I am just now starting to research the GTD systems instead of large lists of single items, and projects consisting of multiple items.
-The perfect system would make me feel more organized and calm. I have a fairly hectic schedule and This would relieve a large burden. One big thing for me would be notifications, which I don't see in omni. I would like something to beep at me and say,"submit files online" at a certain time. I also don't want to see things that can't be done now. For example, if I need to submit my paper online every Sunday, I don't want to see that on Saturday, and similarly, I would like an alert at say 1:00 telling me what to do...

Overall, to me, all of these systems seem so similar. Things was working well for me, but that was when I was using it primarily on my iPhone, and leaving my computer at home. I would walk in the door and sync it. Now I have all three devices with me most of the time, and want them to all stay in sync.