View Single Post
Quote:
a) In project mode when focussed, items in the inbox remain visible.
That is only true if the Inbox is selected in the sidebar.

While I would be the first to agree that there are a number of spots where the Inbox seems to not be treated quite as I would expect, if viewed from the notion that context mode is intended for working on the tasks you've already processed, the absence of the Inbox tasks in your scenario is perhaps understandable. Of course, this breaks down if you don't go along with the GTD notion that you shouldn't be working out of your Inbox...I'll confess to occasionally doing a bit of that, but the "handle" I use to grab those tasks is a due date, so they show up in Forecast view on iOS, or my Urgent perspective on the Mac, which includes all actions grouped by due date, including those with no context set. That perspective when synced to iPad turns up a different view of the issue: even though I've included the No Context bin in the perspective, the actions in the Inbox don't show up.

I run with "require both project and context" on my Inbox settings, and always have; it's possible that some of these issues aren't relevant if you use other settings.

OmniFocus 2 will be all shiny, and we won't care if stuff like this is still present, right? :-)