View Single Post
Hi there,

I'm using OmniGraffle Professional 4.1.2 to create a website sitemap. I'm having a few layout problems so I'm just posting for some help.

I've used the Outline view to create the web pages in the hierarchy they are supposed to be in (Parent, Child, etc), and this works fine and means that I can very quickly, get a sitemap created that looks *near* to what I want. I've chose the option for the diagram to be laid out using Brainstorming > Boxes, and this is the look I'm after.

My only issue is that I'd like to force tiers of 'boxes' to be displayed in two columns instead of as a single wide column, but I'm unsure how to do this automatically, so it's taking a lot of time to manually re-arrange everything.

For example:

-Home
--About
--News
--Shop
--Contact
--Legal
---Terms
---Privacy
---Policies
---Team

If we take the Legal pages, Legal is the parent, and Terms, Privacy, Policies, and Team are its children in the hierarchy. My layout problem is that these child pages are displaying in a single wide row so it means that a Site Map with lots of pages is spanning across 5-6 pages.

Is there an automatic way of making these pages appear in multiple columns (or 2) instead of a single row? Or am I going about creating the sitemap in the wrong way all together?

To help explain the above text, I've attached an image to this message which shows two files - the top one is what I'm getting automatically, and the bottom one is how I want the top one to appear (this is after manual intervention).

Thanks for any advice,

Ste
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sitemaps.jpg
Views:	761
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	241