View Single Post
Hey all! I recently upgraded OmniOutliner to v3.9 (Pro). I have several applescripts that call upon the Finder to open various .oo3 files. After upgrading the scripts kept trying to open the files in OmniGraffle instead. No problem, I figured. Change the file association in the Finder's Info pane, and hit Change All. Hmm, didn't work. It changed the icon for that particular file, but it reselected OmniGraffle as the right application to use. Restarted, same thing.

So for the heck of it I tried changing another file type...I changed .doc files to open in Pages instead of Word. Worked like a charm. Same for Excel/Numbers.

The funny thing is when you open the popup in the Finder to select the application, it lists OmniOutliner as the default application. But stubbornly opens the files in OmniGraffle.

I of course realize this is not necessarily an OmniGroup issue, I may be having problems with my machine here. I will try some of the usual things, zapping the pram, repairing permissions etc. And I'll create a new user and see what happens there.

And I know I could change the scripts to tell OmniOutliner to open the files instead of relying on the Finder, but I'm lazy (there, I said it).

So I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else had this issue after upgrading, and what you might have done to resolve it.

Thanks!

Steve W