View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredH
A couple of things are preventing me from using OmniOutliner Pro and never looking back. First of all, clones, which I hope are coming soon.

But less obviously, I like having "date modified" being automatically created, so I can sort my outline and easily see recent updates...
I completely agree with you on both clones/aliases and on meta-data for entries (i.e. your 'auto-entered/modified' dates) being such useful additions.

How exactly the later feature should be implemented is a big question -- one way worth considering would be to simply to offer a set of variables that can be inserted into any text field as OmniGraffle offers, which would allow these values to be used more broadly than just adding special-case date column(s).

e.g. variables could be mixed in with manually edited text, with other variables to create uniques ids, or just used on their own etc.... obviously it's just basic database/spreadsheet field concatenation stuff, but even at a basic level it would make a big difference to OO. :)