View Single Post
I see your point. I usually try to put more effort into writing a post, but that often means it doesn't get written, so I lowered the bar a bit for this one. Apparently I got a bit too sloppy. Sorry 'bout that ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
You said "clicking it in spotlight" -- how are you doing that without using the mouse?
I guess I should have written "selecting it in spotlight", I use the arrow keys and return.

Quote:
And to clarify, by "context list" you don't actually mean a list of contexts, but a list of actions in a specific context, right?
Yes.

So (to clarify further) what I want is the ability to bring up a the list of actions for a specific context by using a simple keyboard shortcut and typing in a few letters of the name.

Originally, I thought this should be implemented inside of OF. I am always impressed by how easily I can choose project and context in the quick entry window, and how cumbersome it can be to actually bring up the project or context in the GUI. (I say this partly because I generally find using the keyboard far more efficient than the mouse, but also because OF's interface tends to be a bit laggy.) I think a "go-to" keyboard shortcut (like the Finder's cmd-shift-G) inside OF could be very helpful.

Then I realized I could use Spotlight, but alas, not for contexts. Now I actually would prefer to use Spotlight (if I could access contexts and not only projects), although an OF-internal "go-to" keyboard shortcut (that perhaps could access other things like perspectives as well) could be useful in addition.