View Single Post
I would say that this is what I do during the project review, which I sometimes reserve time for, and other times do as the inspiration strikes me or the need arises (usually when I have the opportunity to work more alone and have a bit of freedom in what I have to do, or when I'm up to my neck in things to do). At the beginning or at certain points of a project, I will spend a bit more time figuring it out, ordering the actions in the right sequence, thinking about contexts, and after that I'm good to just "work" on it, with the project review being more just a quick validation that I'm not forgetting anything or that something should get more attention.

Also keeping the size of each "project" within some limit helps me. For me I try to have a clear sequence and priority within each project, so it is easy to sort and manage, and similarly that projects have also a clear sequence and priority compared to the others (in the same folder for example). It can be also that they all have a similar priority and you can round-robin through them. For me between 5-20 tasks is usually a comfortable size for a project. Larger than that, I will probably break it down to be able to review / think about it in "chunks", and then compare those "chunks" between themselves.

Julien