View Single Post
Scrivener is a wonderful application for writers. From my own perspective as a freelance journalist, OmniOutliner and Scrivener complement each other beautifully in my workflow.

I sketch down rough ideas in OO, organising, re-arranging, hammering, bending into a shape that seems about right - i then export the outline into scrivener. Scrivener takes an outline and allows you to flesh it out into much bigger documents. It's a tool for writers - of any kind - school assignments to nobel literature prize winner wannabes. the full screen/typewriter scroll thing is a joy. Would anyone want to write a novel for example, in OO? You can in Scrivener. I love the simplicity and flexibility of OO. It's the first piece of software i turn to when i've got something new to do and when (or if... ) it gets upgraded to 4.0 i dread to think what kind of bloat-ridden monster it could become if all the suggestions on the 'suggestions for 4.0' thread are taken up. I'm desperate to see a zoom view option tho'.