View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickHibma View Post
We'll written. I predicted this half a year ago, and they responded that OF2 would be out Q4.
I'm not sure who "they" were, but I sure hope it wasn't anyone at Omni! Since we first announced OmniFocus 2, we've tried to be quite clear that we don't know when OmniFocus 2 will ship.

Specifically, here's what I said about timing in my blog post announcing our plans for OmniFocus 2:

Quote:
How soon will OmniFocus 2 be shipping?

The simplest answer to that question is that I don’t really know! A more accurate answer is that the answer really depends on what feedback we receive from all of you. We use an iterative development process at Omni, so our next step is to ship a private test release so we can get feedback from customers on how well it’s working in practice. Based on that feedback, we’ll update our design and ship another private test release (and invite more people into the test pool), and the cycle begins again.
I'm sorry that we can't predict this more accurately!

Quote:
My biggest issue with OF2 is the lack of essential changes.
We're itching to make big under-the-hood changes too—but until we've shipped 2.0 for all platforms, we need to maintain sync compatibility so people can sync these new 2.0 releases with their latest-available 1.x releases. We're looking forward to shipping 2.0 for Mac and iPad, so we can move ahead on those other things!

Last edited by Ken Case; 2014-03-24 at 03:37 PM.. Reason: Removed a stray tag