View Single Post
I need to have some place to put my "long view" plans, and a way to schedule a review of them periodically. I think this was what the Thread Starter meant.

For example, one long term plan may be to find out what Assisted Living place has the most graduates / faculty of Double Dome Institute of Technology, and prepare to move in there, if necessary. Since I don't plan on needing Assisted Living for 30+ years, this is long term! But, there are things I need to thin about now ... how am I going to get the money to pay my rent, if the place doesn't exist, should I and some friends start one, etc. I don't wan to forget about this for 25 years -- it may be too late by then.

So I need, on my GTD list, "Double Dome Retirement Home", and I need to see this crop up on my Action List once a year for now. That's all. I don't need a project, but I do need to be reminded of this every year or so.

Likewise, last May I knew I wanted to give a seminar on a specific topic at a conference in April 2007 ... I wish I could have a regular reminder to do my research every month for 6 months, every 2 weeks for another 3 months, then every week. At some point (like now, when the call for proposals has been issued) I would set up an entire project.

In summary, I want OmniFu to have the ability for me to keep a one liner for long term things, and to have them crop up on my current lists at intervals I can specify.