View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Case
I like the idea of a Recently Closed item in the History menu. Usually when I close a window I didn't mean to close, I go look in history to restore it. If we listed items by the last time I looked at them instead of the last time I fetched them--I would find that closed window even easier.
This sounds about right.

I do the same thing (dig in the History window) and the problem does seem to be that I might have opened that mistakenly-closed tab half an hour ago, browsed around for awhile, then accidentally closed it before I could get to it.

Even if "Undo" was used for this, I don't think it would affect text fields, because those already seem to have their own, independent undo states. When you remove focus from a textarea, undo/redo no longer affect it. Refocusing it makes undo/redo active for that text area again. Text fields (single input lines) don't seem to retain their undo/redo states when you blur/refocus them, but textareas do. My point being that the program already has separate lists of undo/redo depending on what's in focus, so it shouldn't really cause a problem.