View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
If you've divided up your projects into Home, Work, Travel, etc. and put them in folders, I think you could mark the containing folders as Dropped and not see any of the stuff you didn't want to see while on vacation, unless you configure the iPhone to show it to you. Come back from vacation and mark the folders as Active again and everything else should be as you left it.
Good hack. However, I am not sold on having to change my workflow constantly to make up for the lack of this feature.

When I go home in the evening after work, I want my Focus to be 'Family'. On the weekend, I want it to be 'Home' so that I can get my home projects done. When, I am back at office, I need to change my focus back to 'Work'. Friday evening's, I usually divert my focus to 'Entertainment' to check the list of 'Restaurants' that I want to go and / or 'Movies' I want to watch. I also keep a list of 'Bar's and Strip Clubs' that I like to hang out with my buddies, when my wife and kids are not in town ;-)

When I am traveling on business trips to Europe and Asia, I need to alternate my Focus between, 'Work' during the day and 'Travel' & 'Entertainment' after the days proceedings so that I can buy the gifts and souvenirs back home or visit a particular art museum that I have been planning for a year.

These are just some of the example's why 'Focus' is so important. I cannot possibly keep changing the status every day on all 'Folder's so that I can zero-in my focus on one. Not a viable solution.

Thanks.