View Single Post
I agree with you about requesting features.

However, I do feel compelled to complain about basic functionality from the desktop version that's missing from the ipad version, so that others thinking that if they pay $40 they will have Omnifocus will not be as dissapointed as I. Obviously, the Omnigroup could AND SHOULD post a comparison and include what's missing. But since they don't, I will.

So, to keep adding to the list .....

no file attachments such as PDFs, keynote documents or anything else except photos and recordings. Of course, other iPad apps allow these types of attachments as does the desktop version of Omnifocus.

I was sooo looking forward to this attachment capability to help me with my guitar lessons. On the desktop I'm able to keep MP3s and PDF attachments of music notation.

Perhaps I wouldn't be as disappointed if they had called the application something other than Omnifocus. For $40, something like Omnif***us comes to mind. :) At least it would show they had a sense of humor about the application. But that's just my sarcastic sense of humor getting the best of me.

So I feel like I've paid $40 up front for sneak preview of something that's eventually going to turn into something useful - Omnifocus for Ipad. Now that the Omnigroup has the seed money they need, I hope they develop something that works like the desktop. I don't mind the wait as long as it's worth the wait.

Last edited by jack.n; 2010-08-01 at 06:53 AM..