View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
But you're diagram shows only *one* project with two action groups.
That's because it's a greatly simplified example. I have other projects such as "Finish thesis". It's a large and complex project with sub-projects (er... "action groups"), each with sub-sub-projects, and so on.

Quote:
I'd move both up a level and make them real projects, perhaps enclosing them in a "Home Movies" folder.
Doesn't that break the definition of folders? They're supposed to be "areas of responsibility", not projects to complete.

Quote:
Having each movie as an action group in the Edit Home Movies project seems to unnecessarily complicate things.
It's no more complicated than putting them into folders. And it's quite natural, at least to me, for larger projects to have sub-projects and even sub-sub-projects.

Quote:
With each as a real project, you'll have a lot more control (e.g. they can be placed on hold or dropped independently, organized in different folders, individually focused on, sorted in planning mode, etc).
I think this simply reveals a limitation of OmniFocus. Why should it prevent me from being able to do all those things to sub-projects (oops! I mean "action groups")? It's an artificial constraint that serves no purpose I can see. If OmniFocus would just treat action groups as sub-projects, then all these problems and complications would go away.