View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ80 View Post
Well, we all know our limitations but we still want to be rich and beautiful too. It can be tough when one has to confront reality sometimes....

J
The funny thing is they already know how to do it. Use .ZIP files. Just add first class support for them, and all of those sync issues go away. It isn't a trivial amount of work, but it isn't hard. Do that and they could have Dropbox working without a hitch. But they don't.

Why not? I can't say. I speculate that they want Dropbox to work differently, to work in a way that supports them. And iCloud will be here soon enough and they can just use that right?

Well kinda. So long as you have a version of the OS that supports iCloud (and is supported on your hardware), and you use iCloud, and you buy the new version of the app though the App Store, etc.

I am all for them supporting iCloud, but I want them to support Dropbox as well. They already know how to do it, but just like iPhone support seem utterly uninterested.

I personally am using OO less and less. It is an amazing piece of software, but if I can't get work done, it doesn't matter...