View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
They don't do anything as quickly as many would like, so doing an "interim" solution makes for even more pain for those who want the "ideal" solution...
I don't want half-assed engineering any more than anyone else does, but that is not what I am talking about. OO has been out for a couple of years now, and the idea of using ZIP files as a first class file format isn't hard (or uncommon). So they could have added this very needed feature anytime in, say, the last 18 months.

When I talk about perfect being the enemy of good enough I am not talking about knocking something out quickly. I am talking about the all too common problem engineers have where they have a vision of a "perfect" solution (in reality nothing is perfect) and they will either wait until they can do it exactly that way, or not implement a feature because it cannot be done that way.

Omni should have known the solution for a long time, but they have known it for a few months now. More than enough time to get a release out, or at least toss their users a bone and say it is coming...