View Single Post
At first, I was hesitant to part with $30.00 for the book, "Creating Flow with OmniFocus."

But after reading it, I think it made OmniFocus ten times more valuable. If spending $30.00 to gain better productivity, it was well worth it.

I think this should have been the book that comes with every OmniFocus download.

The first half of the book covers more of the fundamentals and it illuminated a lot of basic features that I knew about but never really used until I read the book.

The second half of the book offers different workflows and ideas that will help you refine your GTD workflow. A lot of workflows and suggestions can often be found in the OmniFocus forums. But you have to have time and patience to wade through the thousands of posts in these forums to find that golden nugget. It took me years to stumble across a post or a workflow that benefitted me greatly. A lot of it is already here in this book.

I've got the book loaded up on my iPad and iPod touch and it's a pure pleasure to read.

"Creating Workflow with OmniFocus" has re-sparked my muse and breaks me free.

If you're unsure about the book, there is the free preview download. You can also check out the parent web site www.usingomnifocus.com to get an idea of the ideas and tips that will greatly benefit everyone.

I remembered pondering whether or not to go down the Things route or the OmniFocus route. I eventually decided to go the OmniFocus route but I had a rough time. Nobody showed me the ropes. I didn't have a mentor that would offer tips and ideas on how to improve my GTD workflow in OmniFocus. I would fall off the OmniFocus bandwagon and then jump back on when life became more chaotic.

I wholeheartedly recommend this book to anybody who wants to really harness the power of OmniFocus. This book is especially of great importance to a Things user who finally becomes frustrated with Cultured Code's offering and wants to step up to the major league.

I love practicing my Omni-Fu with OmniFocus.